Publisher of Quality Genealogy Materials
DeWitt County, TX Biographies and Southwest Texas History
| Return to DeWitt County, TX Books | Return to Homepage |
DeWitt County is located about 45 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and began about 1825. In April 1825 Green DeWitt settled over 400 families in the area between the Guadalupe and Lavaca Rivers. The first homes were established on the Irish Creek section of the county. In the volume there is a brief history of the southwest area of Texas as it was known in the 1890s when Goodspeed published this collection of biographical sketches. There is the History section of the book and then followed by biographical sketches of early families in the area. A separate index for either section is included.
“WILLIAM J. GLASS. This gentleman is a prominent citizen of DeWitt County, Texas, and one whose constancy to the business in hand, and whose thrift, has added so greatly to the value of the agricultural regions of the section. ...”
Surnames Included in This Publication
ALKINSON, ALLEN, ANDERSON, AUGUSTINE.
BANKS, BATES, BELL, BLACKWELL, BLAINE, BLANKS, BRAKIN.
CHAMBERLAIN, CHIEF TECUMSCH, COPPEDGE, CUNNINGHAM.
DAVIS, DEMONET, DENNY, DORRISH, DRAKE.
GARLAND, GLASS, GRAHAM, GRANT.
HANKINS, HARRISON, HART, HAYES, HODGE, HOLLINGSWORTH, HOWERTON, HUDSON.
JEFFERSON, JOHNSON, JORDAN.
KAAPKE, KING, KLEBERG, KNOX.
LANGTON, LEE, LOGAN.
MANNING, MASON, MASSEY, McCLUSKEY, McCOLLOUGH, McCRABB, McCURDY, McKINNEY, McMANUS, MONTGOMERY, MOONEY.
PETTY, PHILLIPS, PRICE, PYRON.
SCOTT, SHINER, SMITH, STEEN, STEVENS, STUBBEMAN.
WALLACE, WARN, WASHINGTON, WHITAKER, WRIGHT.
| Return to Texas Books | Return to Homepage |